Terms and Conditions
Discover Shakespeare’s Way Limited herein after called “the Company” gives notice that:
1. All arrangements are made subject to the following terms and conditions and the signature on the booking form of the client or the authorised representative signifies acceptance of and agreement to be bound by these conditions.
2. A non-refundable deposit of £200.00 per person is payable at the time of booking which will not be accepted without such a deposit being made.
3. The balance is payable eight weeks before departure. If the balance remains unpaid at that time, the Company reserves the right to cancel the booking and retain any deposit/s paid in respect thereof.
4. Cancellation must be made in writing to the company. Any such notice will become effective from the date of receipt by the Company. As this incurs administration costs we retain the deposit and in addition will apply cancellation charges as shown below:
More than 56 days – Deposit only
56 – 32 days – 50% of the package price
31 days or less – 100% of the package price
If you are obliged to cancel, you may, within reasonable notice, transfer your booking to a third party who satisfies the conditions required by that tour, but we will retain your deposit to cover the administrative cost for the transfer.
Tours are costed on a minimum number of passengers travelling together. If this minimum number is not reached, we shall either cancel the tour and offer a refund in full or we shall offer an alternative date. If we have to cancel your holiday at any time, we are liable only for monies you have paid the Company at the time of cancellation.
5. The Company cannot accept responsibility for any cancellations or effects on your holiday due to war, threat of war, civil strife, industrial dispute, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disaster, fire or adverse weather conditions.
We will do our utmost to provide the tour arrangements that have been confirmed, but we must retain the right to modify or cancel any tour, accommodation or arrangement, if unforeseen circumstances amounting to Force Majeure arise. In such circumstances we will inform you as soon as possible and should the change be such that it alters the nature of the tour, we shall give you the choice of an alternative tour or a full refund of all money paid.
6. The Company reserves the right to withdraw or modify at any time the arrangements advertised by the Company.
Whilst we aim to keep to the enclosed itineraries as closely as possible, it is sometimes necessary to vary the itinerary, or overnight hotels. Whenever time allows, we will inform you of these changes. We will advise you as early as possible of any major changes. Full refunds will be given to those who choose if the request is received within 7 days of our notification.
7. We have taken all reasonable and proper steps to ensure that proper arrangements have been made for the tours; that the suppliers of the various services which will be provided are efficient, safe and reputable. We have no direct control over the provision of services to clients by providers.
The Company is not responsible for the performance of the services provided by carriers, hotels and agents and is not liable for any damage or compensation payable to any clients in respect of any loss or injury sustained by such a client, howsoever caused.
8. If you have a problem during your holiday, please inform the tour leader, who will endeavour to put things right quickly. Any complaint that is not resolved locally should be reported to Discover Shakespeare’s Way at the Company registered office (First Floor, Rear Suite, 56-58 High Street, Epsom, Surrey, KT17 1RW) within 14 days of your return home. We will not accept liability for claims received after that date. All relevant information should be included.
9. It is essential that you have holiday insurance. Such insurance should cover full medical expenses, personal baggage, personal accident, accidental loss or damage to property, cancellation and curtailment, death, repatriation, personal liability, legal expenses and emergency. We are unable to take a booking unless you take out holiday insurance and provide us with sufficient proof that you have adequate insurance cover, or sign an insurance disclaimer.
10. This contract is made on the terms of these booking conditions which are governed by English law and both parties shall submit to the jurisdiction of English courts at all times.
11. We must point out that we reserve the unconditional right to refuse a booking or to terminate a passenger’s holiday in the event of unreasonable conduct. Some parts of the tour require periods of walking and are unsuitable for wheelchair users or those who need aids to walking. We ask you to let us know of any disabilities you may have and reserve the right to refuse your booking if we feel that the tour is unsuitable.
12. Failure to disclose information:
We reserve the right to cancel your holiday if the information given in your booking form is found to be inaccurate or misleading, particularly regarding disability or medical problems.
13. Baggage and Personal Effects:
These remain your responsibility and risk at all times. The Company will accept no liability for loss, damage or misdirection of your baggage or effects.
Home Page - Interior of Shakespeare's Globe Theatre (c) Linda Nylind
Bespoke Tours Page - Shakespeare Bust (c) Your Big Day Photography